- What if I don’t know the ring size I need?
You can print out our downloadable ring size guide and use it to determine the size of an existing ring or cut out our ring size chart and size your/her ring finger.
- What it I purchase the wrong size?
If you need to have your ring re-sized Lita Sea Glass Jewelry offers one free sizing within one year of your purchase. This does not include the returned insured shipping. You will be responsible for return shipping and we will cover the sizing for you. Rings with engraved bands or custom detailed work in the band may be subject to a resizing fee (which will be discussed with you first.) In the event that you would like to have the ring sized by your local jeweler, it is imperative that they have a laser welder. Because of the sea glass’s inability to withstand heat, rings can only be sized with a laser or pulse arc welder and only by a trained professional.
- What metals are the rings available in?
We offer 14k white gold, 14k yellow gold, 18k white gold, 18k yellow gold, platinum and sterling silver.
- What is the price of an engagement ring?
The price of the ring is determined by many factors, including the size of the diamond/gemstone, the total gram weight of the metal, the time involved in creating the design and the intricacy of the design. The prices shown below are a guideline to give you a general idea of base price. The price can greatly change due to the factors indicated above. For more accurate pricing please request a quote or see the prices listed on the Gallery page.
Sterling Silver - $462
14k Gold - $960
18k Gold - $1,110
Platinum - $1,365
- Do you offer financing options?
Lita Sea Glass Jewelry is happy to offer two payment options for your convenience.
1. Two Step Payments (Suggested) – This option requires a 50% deposit of your total quoted price, which is due upon the completion of the agreement contract. The remaining 50% is due upon completion of the ring, prior to shipment.
2. Three Step Payments – This option requires 1/3 of the total quoted price due upon the completion of the agreement contract. 1/3 of the total price is then due in the middle of the quoted time frame and the remaining 1/3 is due upon completion, prior to shipping.
* This option is popular among clients who have a 3 month or longer time frame associated with their order.
*With both payment plan options, the ring will be shipped fully insured upon completion of the final payment.
- Do you offer a warranty?
Here at Lita Sea Glass Jewelry we pride ourselves on our dedication to our craft and strive to create durable, high quality jewelry made with much love and attention to detail. We stand behind our designs 100% and will cover any repair needs that are due to an oversight by us or defects in craftsmanship. Please note that Lita Sea Glass Jewelry is not responsible for repairs due to normal wear and tear or due to lack of maintenance of the ring. Please see details below under “Repair”.
1. Sizing Lita Sea Glass Jewelry offers a complimentary one-time ring sizing with in one year of your purchase. Some sizing may be subject to a fee if the band has been engraved or has a custom designed detailed band. In this event we will discuss the options with you beforehand.
2. Cleaning Your jewelry will come with care instructions to help you upkeep your ring as best as possible. If you feel you need additional cleaning you can bring your ring into any local jeweler and have them professionally clean it. The sea glass is strong enough to with stand steam cleaning at the suggested standard temperature. We are happy to offer a cleaning service for your ring for a small charge. Please contact us for details.
3. Repair Surface scratches, dulling of the metal, wearing of the metal including prong tips and slight misshaping of the metal is natural to occur over time. These situations, along with accidents, are not covered by any warranty under Lita Sea Glass Jewelry. In the event that an accident occurs, we will gladly discuss repair options that may be available to you.
4. Maintenance With everyday wear, it is normal that gold and other precious metals will wear down with time. We suggest having your ring checked every 6-12 months and cleaned when needed to keep up with maintaining quality and safety of your ring.
- Do you offer insurance or coverage on the rings or diamonds?
Lita Sea Glass Jewelry carefully inspects each ring before it ships. It will arrive to you in a perfect secure setting. Although the rings are made to be durable and withstand the tests of time, we suggest you have the diamonds on your ring checked regularly to ensure safety and durability. Because Lita Sea Glass Jewelry is an online based business, we are not able to personally check and maintain your jewelry; therefore, we are unable to offer coverage at this time. We suggest looking into insuring your ring through your local or current insurance agency.
- How long does it take to order a ring?
Depending on the style and the customizations you choose, the time frame from start to finish will vary. As always, please reach out to us and let us know the date that you need the ring by and we will accommodate you as best we can.
1. Pre-made rings – We usually have a small collection of pre-made rings in stock and ready for immediate shipment. If you need a ring right away please be sure to ask! Pre-made rings can usually be custom sized and ready to ship with in 7-10 business days.
2. Re-create an existing ring – If you choose to re-create an existing design in most cases we can have the ring ready to ship within 3-4 weeks. Please note that this time quote is a baseline and greatly depends on how quickly decisions can be made on your part and if diamonds or gemstones needed are in stock or need to be custom ordered.
3. Modify a current design – If you purchase a ring that is based off an existing design but is being modified (changing the band style, adding stones, changing the size of the diamond/gemstone, etc.) the time frame is usually 4-6 weeks. Please note that this time quote is a baseline and greatly depends on how smooth our communication is and how quickly decisions can be made on your part.
4. Custom Design - If we are custom designing a ring from scratch, the usual turnaround time is about 5-8 weeks. This can greatly fluctuate depending on how quickly decisions can be made on your end about style, color, diamond/gemstone, ring size etc..
- I need a ring in 30 days or less is that possible?
Yes! In the event that you need a ring right away please be sure to ask about our selection of pre-made rings. We will be happy to send you pictures of what we have in stock and can customize the size for you prior to shipping. We may also be able to re-create an existing style from our ring design gallery for you.
- What’s the difference between and engagement ring and a wedding ring?
An engagement ring is the ring you propose with. It’s usually the main ring consisting of diamonds and or gemstones. A wedding ring or wedding band is a band that can be worn together with the engagement ring. Please keep in mind that there is no right or wrong way to do this. Some people like to wear the engagement ring without a wedding band, while others prefer to wear the band or multiple bands. It’s a pretty important piece of jewelry, so as long as the person who’s wearing it is happy that’s all that matters!
- Do you make wedding bands?
Yes we do! If you are interested in a wedding band, we suggest having it made with the engagement ring (if possible). Because of the unique nature of the sea glass, the shape and size of each ring will vary. It is important that the wedding band comfortably fit with the organic shape of the engagement ring. Please request a wedding band quote with your ring or contact us for more information.
- Can I order a wedding band after I purchase an engagement ring?
Absolutely! Although we prefer to design/create the engagement ring and wedding band together, we can absolutely help you at a later date. In some cases we may need to have you send the engagement ring back to us so we can customize the ring so the two will fit together. Please contact us for more details.
- Can my sea glass be used in the ring?
There is a certain criteria of ideal size, shape and thickness of the sea glass pertaining to each ring style. We are happy to work with you to see if your sea glass fits those standards. If they do, we are more then happy to accommodate using your glass. Please let us know you are interested in using your glass when inquiring about a ring.
- Can I use my own diamond(s) in the ring?
Absolutely! If you have loose diamonds or diamonds that are currently in a piece of jewelry we can (in most cases) use them to create your new ring.
- Do you offer Rhodium plated Rings?
Yes, we offer Rhodium plating with all of our white gold and platinum options to give them a brilliant white shine. Rhodium is a precious metal, that when applied to the surface of jewelry, provides a barrier that will help protect it from tarnish and scratches. If you prefer the warmer softer looks of non-plated, please let us know and we will design your ring accordingly.
- Do you ship outside of the USA?
Yes- we ship worldwide. Please note that shipping and insurance on higher value items will be larger. The import tax of your country may also be high. Please ask us for a shipping quote if you are interested and check your country’s import tax to get an estimate.
Lita Sea Glass Jewelry is not responsible for import tax, tax duties or any other charge that may occur with shipping. Please note that is a separate charge by the country and is not included in the shipping quote we provide.
- What is your return/exchange policy?
Lita Sea Glass Jewelry accepts exchanges on pre-made rings only. Re-creations, modifications and custom-designed rings will NOT be eligible for exchange or return. Unworn, undamaged pre-made rings may be exchanged within 30 days for another pre-made ring only. In the event that a pre-made ring is being exchanged for a custom designed ring, an additional customization charge will apply. Please note that all exchanges are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
- Is your packaging discreet? What will the package look like?
Your ring will arrive in discreet package. The return address will be listed but the name will appear as L.S.G.J. to hide our name as best as possible. We can also ship your package to your office or another convenient location. Please let us know how we can help to ensure your Lita Sea Glass order remains a surprise!
- Is a gift box included?
Your ring will arrive in a deluxe custom gift box with a plush ribbon. Information cards about the jewelry and sea glass will be included as well as cleaning care instructions.
- Will I be charged sales tax?
Any merchandise shipped to Massachusetts will be subject to a 6.25% sales tax charge. This charge will be automatically calculated at check out.
- Can I see the jewelry in person?
If you are in the Massachusetts area and interested in picking out your sea glass in person or see an example of our finished jewelry, please call our studio or email us to set up an appointment.